This fulfilling weekend


Heaps to do. Laundry to fold, more laundry to steam iron, my bedside table to put together, photographs to print, books to read and slides to look through. But this moment, I just want to put down my thoughts in words and carved in absolute.

Super touched to have a best buddy like my dear. The kindest of hearts but the laziest one of all. Baby's mummy flew off to Greece for the week and she stayed at my place because she didn't want to be alone. Deep down, her mother really gives more comfort to her than she may realize.

Albeit being drained of her energy from work, dance classes, bestie came to C1 to wait and fetch me from work. She hardly counts as a patient person, she wouldn't even wait for L for 30 minutes. But she put up with a hour and more wait for me. We drove home in Adrian's car and switched cars before heading to West Coast for McD. God, they were already serving breakfast by the time we got there. I crashed at her place after taking a shower and had a bad night sleep I did. In my dream, my world was spinning and so was my head. It felt like I was in the middle of a vortex, some hurricane. I really miss quality sleep.

Bestie woke up to go voting the next afternoon. Back to where we knew each other. It has been so long since I step foot into Fuhua. As I did, familiarity and nostalgia came to me. We drove to Jurong Point for some dim sum at the Hong kong street, walked a little and she drove me back home.

On our way, we were talking about how we both can't seem to be able to settle down even at our age. What we will be like when we grow old, probably discussing about our sons. Why a son but not children? I don't even know. It felt like a scene from the movies; long drives, windows wind down, "A thousand miles" by Vanessa Carlton playing on the radio and a talk we will look back, laugh and feel silly about but the moment savoured and treasure.

Good times don't last or we are both just jinxed IDK. The rear tyre of her Allion punctured and it was not until we parked that I realised. The nearest tyre shop had closed since it was Election day hence public holiday and we had to wait till tomorrow morning. This fickle minded friend of mine decided she wanted to sing karaoke, 5 minutes later decided that we should go and catch a movie and a few hours later after dinner at the mall to go and sing again. Should be glad she didn't freak out the whole night over the bad tyre. I might, if it were me.

One day feels so long as I am typing about it. Woke up to breakfast delivered by L. I can't but smile a wistful smile at the thought of these two. What lies ahead for bestie and L.. only time will tell. Got the tyre changed, bought my printer ink and head home to wait for Candy and the rest to come over for our mahjong date. I guess I am born slow to react. Baby and I ran out in the middle and drove all the way to Katong to buy takeaway Katong Laksa. Cravings are really hard to talk one out of.

Drove baby to Ikea after mahjong. So proud of myself and it is so much happier to be behind the wheel without the constant nagging from Mummy. Oh my god. It's a kind of euphoria to finally be able to drive independently, without having to hear that nag that makes me doubt myself.

Satisfied my laoban beancurd craving while at Tampines dropping baby off to meet L.

Time to start doing my chores while waiting for baby to get back. First up, bedside table and lamp!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Writer


Shirley Iris.
Crude. Introvert or Extrovert sometimes. Capable of being envious of anyone good at something. Curious in many ways & mad crazy about everything being organized.


shier.xiaoxue@hotmail.com

Twitter Updates